Faculty & Teaching Staff
- Spring 2021 emergency academic regulations and recommendations – January 21
- Testing and quarantine protocols for returning to campus after winter break – January 3
- Expanded grading policy for spring 2021 – December 10
- Grading policy for the spring semester – November 30
- Guidance on UROP participation – November 17
- IAP 2021 grading policies – November 16
- Academic calendar for IAP and spring semester 2021 – October 26
- Academic calendar
- Academic continuity — Overview of the academic calendar and information related to subject offerings and registration.
- International Students Office (major immigration updates)
- MIT Libraries’ services for spring 2021
- MIT Subject Listing & Schedule
- 2020 Undergraduate Campus Guide
- Academic Policy and Regulations Team (APART)
- IAP 2021 grading policies
- One-year tenure clock extension for new faculty (beginning FY21) – New faculty who started in September 2020 have an automatic extension of the tenure clock.
- Tenure policy adjustment – All junior (non-tenured) faculty will automatically receive a one-year tenure-clock extension.
- MIT travel policy
- Campus visitor policy
Earlier versions of emergency academic regulations and polices may be found on the Faculty Governance site.
Remote teaching resources
- Guidelines on video recording for classroom use
- Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
- Guidance on remote making
- Key resources for faculty teaching this semester
- IS&T equipment loans
- Results of surveys on spring remote teaching and learning
- Securing Zoom meetings and classes to prevent disruption
- Statement regarding acceptable online conduct
- Teach Remote website (Resources, tools, and support for online teaching)
- Teach Remote community site (Shared best practices)
- Virtualizing experiential learning
- Zoom video conferencing
- Insights from the Spring 2020 Remote Learning Experience Survey
- Student support and wellbeing resources
- Remote Learning website – Best practices for students to help them make the transition to online learning.
- Tips for supporting and working with students