Free parking extended through June 30; accounts required as of July 1
March 23, 2021
The program to provide free parking for all MIT ID cardholders during the Covid-19 pandemic will be extended through the end of June 2021. In addition, all parkers who do not already have a parking account are encouraged to sign up for one now in order to maintain uninterrupted access to parking areas.
Parking fees waived through June 30, 2021
- Through June 30, MIT ID cardholders will continue to have free access to campus parking areas, with the exception of the MIT Medical lot, the Ford (E19) lot, the Hermann Garage, the Hayward Garage, and the 139 Mass Ave. lot. Note that off-campus parking can only be accessed by employees assigned to those garages. In addition, the lots at the Technology Childcare Centers may only be used for picking up and dropping off children.
- All parking regulations continue to apply, and parkers must comply with signage for reserved and handicap parking spaces. If a parking area is full, individuals must proceed to a different lot. Parking is not allowed in lanes or on ramps.
- Please note that, per health and safety rules on campus, access to buildings connected to garages (i.e., Stata) continues to be limited to those who work in the building. Signs and barriers direct parkers to travel to and from their parked car while limiting travel through the connected buildings. Learn more about building access protocols and view a map of building clusters and designated campus access points.
Sign up for a parking account to maintain uninterrupted access
On July 1, 2021, parking accounts will once again be required in order to access parking areas. We encourage MIT ID cardholders who do not already have an account to sign up for one now in order to maintain uninterrupted access.
To sign up for or confirm settings for a parking account:
- Visit the parking portal. Note that the sign-up process includes choosing a billing option (payroll deduction or credit card), but no charges will be made through the end of June.
- Note also that charges will start to accrue for parkers who continue to maintain a parking account when the free parking program ends. Parking accounts can be canceled at any time. View parking rates.
- Existing account holders should visit the parking portal to confirm that their vehicle and license plate information is up to date.
Do not hesitate to be in touch with any questions. Our team can be reached at email@example.com.
Manager, Parking and Transportation