Free parking extended through March 31; registration required before February 1
December 14, 2020
The program to provide free parking for all MIT ID cardholders during the Covid-19 pandemic through the end of December will be extended through the end of March 2021. In the spring, plans for the remainder of the term will be evaluated. In addition, all MIT ID cardholders who do not already have a parking account will need to sign up for an account before February 1 in order to maintain access to parking areas as part of this program.
Parking fees waived through March 31, 2021
- Through March 31, MIT ID cardholders will continue to have free access to campus parking areas, with the exception of the MIT Medical lot, the Ford (E19) lot, the Hermann Garage, the Hayward Garage, and the 139 Mass Ave. lot. Note that off-campus parking can only be accessed by employees assigned to those garages. In addition, the lots at the Technology Childcare Centers may only be used for picking up and dropping off children.
- All parking regulations continue to apply, and parkers must comply with signage for reserved and handicap parking spaces.
Parking account needed before February 1, 2021, to maintain access
All MIT ID cardholders who do not already have a parking account will need to sign up for an account by the end of January in order to maintain access to parking areas as part of this free parking program. Starting February 1, only parking account holders will have access to MIT parking areas.
To set up or confirm settings for a parking account:
- Visit the parking portal to sign up for a parking account by the end of January. Note that the sign-up process includes choosing a billing option (payroll deduction or credit card), but no charges will be made through the end of March.
- Note also that charges will start to accrue for parkers who continue to maintain a parking account when the free parking program ends. Parking accounts can be canceled at any time. View parking rates.
- Existing account holders should visit the parking portal to confirm that their vehicle and license plate information is up to date.
Do not hesitate to be in touch with any questions. Our team can be reached at email@example.com.
Manager, Parking and Transportation