“Touchdown spaces” available on campus
April 16, 2021
Touchdown spaces are available to students who live on campus or use Covid Pass to access campus buildings for in-person classes or research. These quiet spaces may be used for individual study, or for informal study sessions or discussions among student groups.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Reserve spaces before use
- Visit the Spaces reservation system or the “Spaces” feature in the MIT Atlas mobile app to view available spaces, reserve a space, and manage your reservations.
- Reservations take effect immediately and keep availability up to date for other students. Reserve a space any time prior to entry.
- View this FAQ for tips on using the Spaces reservation system.
- Space must be reserved using the Spaces reservation system.
- Please observe capacity limits indicated below and on room signs. These limits reflect guidance from the city and state. We will continue to monitor this guidance and will revise plans as needed.
- All users of these spaces must adhere to posted health and safety requirements, including physical distancing, wearing face coverings at all times (even when alone), and wiping down work surfaces before and after use (wipe in/wipe out).
- No eating or drinking in these spaces.
- These spaces in MIT academic and research buildings are not included in the residential pod system. While members of pods can use these spaces, they must also adhere to these health and safety requirements.
- Touchdown spaces may not be used for organized indoor events. (View the events, gatherings, and campus spaces policy.)
|8-119 (temporarily closed due to reports of use violations)||8|
|14N-132 (temporarily unavailable)||7|