our shared commitment
Together, we’re committed to tackling Covid-19 the MIT way – by standing with the science, working the problem, and modeling the solution for our community and beyond.
Our minds, hands, and hearts can make a difference.
Week of November 23, 2020
What you need to know now
- Don’t travel if you don’t have to. After gatherings, travel is the second most common cause of transmission.
- This week’s testing hours are limited due to the Thanksgiving break. Read more about special holiday testing hours and campus return protocols.
- Read the travel guidance sent to Covid Pass users on November 18.
- If you must travel beyond the Cambridge/greater Boston area, register your trip at Covid Travel.
- Read MIT Medical’s guide to safe travel and the MIT travel policy.
MIT face covering policy
- You must wear a face covering at all times when in outdoor public places, including sidewalks, streets, parks, and any other outdoor area that is open to the general public.
- If you are indoors, wear your face covering in all public places, such as lobbies, hallways, elevators, stairwells, and restrooms.
- Refer to MIT’s face covering policy for additional guidance on wearing a face covering.
Update on Covid-19 testing hours and returning to campus after the Thanksgiving break.
Covid Pass users are reminded to travel only if absolutely necessary and to remain vigilant if participating in any social gatherings over the holidays.
Information for students participating in UROPs currently, during IAP, or in the spring.
Updated details on local, MIT-related, and personal travel.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts issued updated policies, including a stay-at-home advisory, early closings, and gathering limits.
Guidelines for on- and off-campus gatherings leading up to and following the November 2020 election.
Protecting healthBest practices for public health will be mandatory for anyone on campus.
Ensuring continuityOur aim is to help all students continue to make academic progress.
Advancing MIT’s missionMIT remains dedicated to building a better world through education, research, and innovation.